References below to “we”, “us” or “Sky” means Sky UK Limited registered at Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD under registration number 2906991.
3. "Service(s)" means the services provided by NOW to its users which shall also include programme recommendations and newsletters.
4. "Content" means the selection of NOW on-demand content and linear channels that will be made available on the NOW app on the BT set top box and where available, linear channels via BT TV on the BT set top box, and
5. "Device(s)" means compatible, registered device(s).
6. NOW Subscription Services:
6.1 Month Membership Subscriptions:
I. NOW CINEMA MEMBERSHIP: gives you access to a great range of on-demand content and movies channels.
II. NOW ENTERTAINMENT MONTH MEMBERSHIP: This gives you access to a selection of pay TV channels, a great range of on-demand content and box sets.
IV. NOW SPORTS MONTH MEMBERSHIP: This gives you access to live streamed Sky Sports channels plus extra sports content via Bonus Streams on compatible devices. Bonus Streams are not available with the Sports Mobile Month Membership.
V. NOW SPORTS MOBILE MEMBERSHIP: This gives you access to live streams of Sky Sports Premier League, Sky Sports Action, Sky Sports Arena and Sky Sports News on your compatible smartphone only.
VI. hayu MONTH MEMBERSHIP: This gives you access to a selection a great range of reality TV shows both on-demand content and box sets, as shown on the hayu service.
VII. NOW BOOST – As long as you have the relevant standard monthly membership, and a registered compatible device this gives you access to a selection of channels in HD format and ad-free video on-demand content, as well as allowing you to use three of the compatible devices registered on your account at once, instead of the usual two (one from 15 July 2021).
6.2 NOW Day and Week Memberships:
I. I. NOW SPORTS DAY AND WEEK MEMBERSHIPS: The NOW Sports Day and Week Memberships give you access to live streamed Sky Sports channels via a compatible registered device for either a consecutive 24 hour or 7 day period depending on the membership purchased. We no longer sell NOW Sports Week Memberships or NOW Sports Mobile but you may still be able to activate a previously purchased membership if you have not already done so.
7. All fees payable by you for use of the Service are payable in accordance with your BT Agreements, even if you make a purchase of a NOW membership from nowtv.com or via your NOW My Account area.. All payments for the Services are collected by BT through your BT bill
7.1 7.1 Cancellation of your NOW memberships is subject to your Agreements with BT.
8. From time to time we might make changes to the Service.
8.1 If we change the NOW Sports Day Membership service, we will give you notice on the NOW website.
WHAT NETWORK CONNECTION DO I NEED TO WATCH NOW?
10. On the Now app
10.1 You need broadband or a 3G mobile network to stream content from NOW. You'll need a fast enough line and an adequate broadband data allowance. To stream via broadband, we recommend a minimum 2.5Mbps connection for streaming in 720p or a minimum connection speed of 12Mbps to stream selected content in 1080p HD if you have NOW Boost. Your streaming rates depend on network load in the home and could be affected by other users using the broadband connection at the same time. If you're using a 3G mobile network, you'll need a connection speed of at least 450Kbps (or higher - depending on what you want to watch and the device you're using).
10.2. Obviously, you'll be responsible for all costs charged by your mobile network and broadband providers and your internet service provider. Remember that streaming audio-visual content can use up a lot of data, so if your broadband package doesn't give you unlimited downloads you need to check that you have an adequate monthly data allowance.
11. On BT TV
11.1 You will need a minimum speed of 2.6Mbps to receive the Video On Demand service and 5.25Mbps for the full TV service. To stream selected content in HD with NOW Boost you will need a minimum speed of 12.5Mbps.
WHICH DEVICES CAN I WATCH NOW ON?
12.1 You will be able to watch NOW channels through your BT TV set-top-box if you have a BT Fibre Broadband product and have taken the Service from BT. To watch Video On Demand content you will need to watch through the NOW app on your BT set-top-box.
DO YOU PROVIDE PIN CONTROLS TO PROTECT AND HELP MANAGE MY ACCOUNT?
13. For all Devices there are various features (like PIN protection) which can help you control your account. Most of these features can be controlled within the service but in some cases you will need to do so using the settings on your device – there's more information on the NOW website.
14. If you watch NOW via the BT YouView Box or NOW app on the Box, BT parental pins will apply.
WHO DO I CONTACT IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG?
15. If you are having problems with your NOW on the BT TV platform, you should contact BT on 0800 800 150
YOUR PERMISSION TO ACCESS THE SERVICES AND CONTENT
16.You may only access the content and some services in the UK (including the Channel Islands and Isle of Man).
SOME EXAMPLES OF THINGS YOU MUSTN'T DO:
I. Copy, rent, sell, reproduce, publish, republish, post, broadcast, frame, transmit the services or content (or any part of them), or make them available to the public, or authorise or assist anyone else to do so, except as permitted under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988, as amended from time to time ("Act"). The exceptions in the Act are limited and you must make sure you are legally entitled to rely on one of them;
II. Make any direct or indirect charge for watching or using any part of the services or content;
III. Show any of the content or any part of the service in public to an audience, even if no direct or indirect charge is made;
IV. Access or use the services or content for any improper or unlawful purpose or allow anyone else to do so.
18. The time frames in which you may watch some parts of the content or access some parts of the services may be limited to certain ‘access periods’. For example, the NOW Sports Day Membership service lasts for a period of 24 consecutive hours from the time you activate your membership or start watching any content included in the NOW Sports Day Membership. Stopping, pausing or re-starting content won’t extend the access period for watching it. Once the relevant access period has expired, the content will no longer be available to you. If an access period is applicable, it will be stated on the NOW website at the time you purchase content.
CHANGES TO THE SERVICE AND CONTENT
19. The content will change regularly – that means on any given day, week or month, fresh and exciting movies, entertainment, channels etc. may become available (and other movies, entertainment shows, channels etc. will stop being available).
21. Some of the content we provide is supplied by third parties. The availability of such content is outside our control and we may be unable to make certain programmes available via the service (including live channels) or we may be unable to show certain content on certain devices. We'll use our reasonable efforts to notify you in advance (via the NOW website, within the electronic planner guide within the service or otherwise) about device restrictions and the unavailability of certain content. In addition, some features of the channels available via the NOW service may differ from the channels broadcast on other platforms. For example, features via the red button may be unavailable.
22. Unless you have purchased NOW Boost, you can only register up to six compatible devices on your account. Of the six you register, only two devices can be used at any one time (until 14 July 2021, then one device from 15 July 2021), unless you have purchased NOW Boost in which you will be able to use three devices at once. You'll be able to swap your registered devices a limited number of times (normally three times a month). See the NOW or BT website for further details.
23 The services and content available via each device may differ. Please see the NOW website for further details about which devices are compatible with NOW.
25. From time to time device manufacturers or the provider of the device operating system may impose changes that limit or restrict your use of NOW on that device.
26. For security reasons and to protect the rights of our content partners NOW may not be supported on a device where limitations included within the device operating system have been removed or tampered with (this is sometimes called 'jailbreaking').
27. You're responsible for the security and proper use of your log-in details (NOW email and password). If you know or suspect that your NOW email or password has been compromised, or you suspect or become aware of any other breach of security, you must tell NOW immediately, and you must also ensure that any such NOW email and password is changed as soon as possible. If NOW believe that there's been, or is likely to be, a breach of security NOW may suspend NOW email or passwords and require that they're changed, NOW may also restrict your use of all or any part of the service.
NOW'S RIGHT TO CANCEL OUR AGREEMENT
28. We can cancel our agreement with you (or any part of it) at any time.
29. We may immediately suspend or restrict your use of all or any part of the services and/or content without refunding or compensating you if:
II. We suspect or believe that you've committed or may be committing any fraudulent activity against us or against any other person or organisation through your or their use of the service or content;
III. You have acted towards our staff or agents in a way which we reasonably consider to be inappropriate or unacceptable and sufficiently serious to justify restricting or ending your use of our service; or
IV. It's not reasonably avoidable due to technical or operational reasons which are beyond our reasonable control.
30. The Service is made available via BT TV under an agreement between us and BT. If our agreement with BT ends and the Service can no longer be provided to you, we or BT will give you written notice of this fact and tell you the date that your Service will end.
32. We will not refund any payments made to BT for the Service if we or BT end the Agreement because you have broken a term in it.
I. We change, alter, improve or add to any of our services;
II. We intend to change the way we structure our services;
III. We change the way we provide our services (for example, we develop new technology to provide you with a better experience);
IV. To help improve the security and operation of our technical infrastructure (for example, to prevent misuse of our digital content platform);
V. We reorganise the way we structure or run our business;
VI. To introduce new charges where the cost of running our service increases;
VII. For valid legal or regulatory reasons or
36. By signing up to use NOW, and using any part of the services and content, you agree that you'll be responsible for your actions and omissions.
37. To the full extent permitted by law, we and our associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from:
I. Any use of NOW which isn't authorised by us,
III. Any delay, failure, act or default in relation to the provision of the services and the content,
IV. Errors, viruses or bugs present in or arising from your use of the service
V. Incompatibility of the service or content with any other software or hardware (including compatible registered devices), and
VI. Any act or default of any third party supplier, device manufacturer or provider of a device operating system, which are beyond the reasonable control of Sky UK Limited (Registration No. 2906991).
VIII. Any product or service advertised, promoted, offered or sold by third party service providers on the Service. While all reasonable efforts will be made to ensure that the information contained in the Service provided by us is as accurate as possible, we do not accept able liability and make no representations or warranties in relation to the accuracy or completeness of such information. Some of the content on the Services is provided by Third Parties. The availability of such content is outside of our control and we will not be responsible for the suspension or loss of such content.
39. We are not permitted to exclude our liability for certain matters, for example we cannot exclude our liability to you for providing digital content that is not of satisfactory quality or fit for purpose or that does not match its description. This clause shall not affect any such liability that we have to you.
40. If you require any advice on your legal rights, you can refer to www.adviceguide.org.uk.
LAST FEW LEGAL BITS