References below to “we”, “us” or “Sky” means British Sky Broadcasting Limited registered at Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD under registration number 2906991.
3. "Service(s)" means the services provided by NOW TV to its users which shall also include programme recommendations and newsletters.
4. "Content" means the selection of NOW TV on-demand content and linear channels that will be made available on the NOW TV app on the BT set top box and where available, linear channels via BT TV on the BT set top box, and
5. "Device(s)" means compatible, registered device(s).
6. NOW TV Subscription Services:
6.1 Month Pass Subscriptions:
I. SKY CINEMA MONTH PASS: gives you access to a great range of on-demand content and movies channels.
II. ENTERTAINMENT MONTH PASS: This gives you access to a selection of pay TV channels, a great range of on-demand content and box sets.
III. KIDS MONTH PASS: This gives you access to a selection of pay TV channels, a great range of on-demand content and box sets for kids.
IV. SKY SPORTS MONTH PASS: This gives you access to live streamed Sky Sports channels.
V. SKY SPORTS MOBILE MONTH PASS: This gives you access to live streams of Sky Sports Premier League, Sky Sports Action, Sky Sports Arena and Sky Sports News on your compatible smartphone only.
VI. hayu MONTH PASS: This gives you access to a selection a great range of reality TV shows both on-demand content and box sets, as shown on the hayu service.
VII. BOOST PASS – As long as you have the relevant standard monthly pass, and a registered compatible device this gives you access to a selection of channels in HD format, as well as allowing you to use three of the compatible devices registered on your account at once, instead of the usual two
6.2 NOW TV Day and Week Passes:
I. SKY SPORTS DAY AND WEEK PASSES: The Sky Sports Day and Week Passes give you access to live streamed Sky Sports channels via a compatible registered device for either a consecutive 24 hour or 7 day period depending on the pass purchased.
7. All fees payable by you for use of the Service are payable in accordance with your BT Agreements, even if you make a purchase of a NOW TV pass from nowtv.com or via your NOWTV My Account area.. All payments for the Services are collected by BT through your BT bill.
7.1 Cancellation of your NOW TV passes is subject to your Agreements with BT.
8. From time to time we might make changes to the Service.
8.1 If we change the Sky Sports Day and/or Week Pass services, we will give you notice on the NOW TV website.
WHAT NETWORK CONNECTION DO I NEED TO WATCH NOW TV?
10. On the Now TV app
10.1 You need broadband or a 3G mobile network to stream content from NOW TV. You'll need a fast enough line and an adequate broadband data allowance. To stream via broadband, we recommend a minimum 2.5Mbps connection for streaming in 720p or a minimum connection speed of 12Mbps to stream selected content in 1080p HD if you have NOW TV Boost. Your streaming rates depend on network load in the home and could be affected by other users using the broadband connection at the same time. If you're using a 3G mobile network, you'll need a connection speed of at least 450Kbps (or higher - depending on what you want to watch and the device you're using).
10.2. Obviously, you'll be responsible for all costs charged by your mobile network and broadband providers and your internet service provider. Remember that streaming audio-visual content can use up a lot of data, so if your broadband package doesn't give you unlimited downloads you need to check that you have an adequate monthly data allowance.
11. On BT TV
11.1 You will need a minimum speed of 2.6Mbps to receive the Video On Demand service and 5.25Mbps for the full TV service. To stream selected content in HD with NOW TV Boost you will need a minimum speed of 12.5Mbps.
WHICH DEVICES CAN I WATCH NOW TV ON?
12.1 You will be able to watch NOW TV channels through your BT TV set-top-box if you have a BT Fibre Broadband product and have taken the Service from BT. To watch Video On Demand content you will need to watch through the NOW TV app on your BT set-top-box.
DO YOU PROVIDE PIN CONTROLS TO PROTECT AND HELP MANAGE MY ACCOUNT?
13. For all Devices there are various features (like PIN protection) which can help you control your account. Most of these features can be controlled within the service but in some cases you will need to do so using the settings on your device – there's more information on the NOW TV website.
14. If you watch NOW TV via the BT YouView Box or NOW TV app on the Box, BT parental pins will apply.
WHO DO I CONTACT IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG?
15. If you are having problems with your NOW TV on the BT TV platform, you should contact BT on 0800 800 150
YOUR PERMISSION TO ACCESS THE SERVICES AND CONTENT
16. You may only access the content and some services in the UK (including the Channel Islands and Isle of Man) and in addition, within the European Union where you are eligible for EU Portability-see https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-abroad for more information.
SOME EXAMPLES OF THINGS YOU MUSTN'T DO:
I. Copy, rent, sell, reproduce, publish, republish, post, broadcast, frame, transmit the services or content (or any part of them), or make them available to the public, or authorise or assist anyone else to do so, except as permitted under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988, as amended from time to time ("Act"). The exceptions in the Act are limited and you must make sure you are legally entitled to rely on one of them;
II. Make any direct or indirect charge for watching or using any part of the services or content;
III. Show any of the content or any part of the service in public to an audience, even if no direct or indirect charge is made;
IV. Access or use the services or content for any improper or unlawful purpose or allow anyone else to do so.
18. The time frames in which you may watch some parts of the content or access some parts of the services may be limited to certain ‘access periods’. For example, the Sky Sports Day Pass service lasts for a period of 24 consecutive hours from the time you activate your pass or start watching any content included in the Sky Sports Day Pass. Stopping, pausing or re-starting content won’t extend the access period for watching it. Once the relevant access period has expired, the content will no longer be available to you. If an access period is applicable, it will be stated on the NOW TV website at the time you purchase content.
CHANGES TO THE SERVICE AND CONTENT
19. The content will change regularly – that means on any given day, week or month, fresh and exciting movies, entertainment, channels etc. may become available (and other movies, entertainment shows, channels etc. will stop being available).
21. Some of the content we provide is supplied by third parties. The availability of such content is outside our control and we may be unable to make certain programmes available via the service (including live channels) or we may be unable to show certain content on certain devices. We'll use our reasonable efforts to notify you in advance (via the NOW TV website, within the electronic planner guide within the service or otherwise) about device restrictions and the unavailability of certain content. In addition, some features of the channels available via the NOW TV service may differ from the channels broadcast on other platforms. For example, features via the red button may be unavailable.
22. Unless you have purchased one of our Boost passes, you can only register up to six compatible devices on your account. Of the six you register, only two devices can be used at any one time, unless you have purchased a Boost Pass in which you will be able to use three devices at once. You'll be able to swap your registered devices a limited number of times (normally three times a month). See the NOW TV or BT website for further details.
23 The services and content available via each device may differ. Please see the NOW TV website for further details about which devices are compatible with NOW TV.
25. From time to time device manufacturers or the provider of the device operating system may impose changes that limit or restrict your use of NOW TV on that device.
26. For security reasons and to protect the rights of our content partners NOW TV may not be supported on a device where limitations included within the device operating system have been removed or tampered with (this is sometimes called 'jailbreaking').
27. You're responsible for the security and proper use of your log-in details (NOW TV email and password). If you know or suspect that your NOW TV email or password has been compromised, or you suspect or become aware of any other breach of security, you must tell NOW TV immediately, and you must also ensure that any such NOW TV email and password is changed as soon as possible. If NOW TV believe that there's been, or is likely to be, a breach of security NOW TV may suspend NOW TV email or passwords and require that they're changed, NOW TV may also restrict your use of all or any part of the service.
NOW TV'S RIGHT TO CANCEL OUR AGREEMENT
28. We can cancel our agreement with you (or any part of it) at any time.
29. We may immediately suspend or restrict your use of all or any part of the services and/or content without refunding or compensating you if:
II. We suspect or believe that you've committed or may be committing any fraudulent activity against us or against any other person or organisation through your or their use of the service or content;
III. You have acted towards our staff or agents in a way which we reasonably consider to be inappropriate or unacceptable and sufficiently serious to justify restricting or ending your use of our service; or
IV. It's not reasonably avoidable due to technical or operational reasons which are beyond our reasonable control.
30. The Service is made available via BT TV under an agreement between us and BT. If our agreement with BT ends and the Service can no longer be provided to you, we or BT will give you written notice of this fact and tell you the date that your Service will end.
32. We will not refund any payments made to BT for the Service if we or BT end the Agreement because you have broken a term in it.
- We change, alter, improve or add to any of our services;
- We intend to change the way we structure our services;
- We change the way we provide our services (for example, we develop new technology to provide you with a better experience);
- To help improve the security and operation of our technical infrastructure (for example, to prevent misuse of our digital content platform);
- We reorganise the way we structure or run our business;
- To introduce new charges where the cost of running our service increases;
- For valid legal or regulatory reasons or
36. By signing up to use NOW TV, and using any part of the services and content, you agree that you'll be responsible for your actions and omissions.
37. To the full extent permitted by law, we and our associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from:
I. Any use of NOW TV which isn't authorised by us,
III. Any delay, failure, act or default in relation to the provision of the services and the content,
IV. Errors, viruses or bugs present in or arising from your use of the service
V. Incompatibility of the service or content with any other software or hardware (including compatible registered devices), and
VI. Any act or default of any third party supplier, device manufacturer or provider of a device operating system, which are beyond the reasonable control of Sky UK Limited (Registration No. 2906991).
VIII. Any product or service advertised, promoted, offered or sold by third party service providers on the Service. While all reasonable efforts will be made to ensure that the information contained in the Service provided by us is as accurate as possible, we do not accept able liability and make no representations or warranties in relation to the accuracy or completeness of such information. Some of the content on the Services is provided by Third Parties. The availability of such content is outside of our control and we will not be responsible for the suspension or loss of such content.
39. We are not permitted to exclude our liability for certain matters, for example we cannot exclude our liability to you for providing digital content that is not of satisfactory quality or fit for purpose or that does not match its description. This clause shall not affect any such liability that we have to you.
40. If you require any advice on your legal rights, you can refer to www.adviceguide.org.uk.
LAST FEW LEGAL BITS